Monday, February 25, 2008

Weekend Wrapup

Hello Hello

Another weekend has come and gone. Yesterday I went over to bluechip's condo for a MTT marathon session. We started by playing the $26 KO tournament on FTP. I had a good run in the tournament, knocking out 9 people for (9x4) $36. Ship it. Oh yea I final tabled the tourney too. Made it to final table in 6/9, then ran the table over until we got 4 way. Chipped up from 260k to 650k with only one showdown, was really funny. 3 way we had a long battle, then I finally got hu as a 3 to 1 dog. I doubled through after getting pretty low when I spiked a river straight on a 2KQ 10 turn that I reshipped all in and the villain called with K4. Then I had him 3 to 1, and he played really strange. Open shoving sometimes, min raising others, really varying his raises. Deffinetly confused and got the best of me. I made a bad read 3 bet with Q10 and he shipped in with QQ, and pot committed I called. Now I am short, and I shoved next hand with K9 and his AJ held to send me to rail in 2nd place. $2400 though so not a bad pay.

I also played a bunch of big Sunday tournaments- Sunday Mill, 750k, Sunday Mulligan, 25K, 55K, 24K. Here are the summaries of these tournaments:

Sunday Million- 500 buy in. Middle of first hour, Active player raised to 350 at 50 100 in cutoff. I reraised to 750 from button with 79ss. He reraised to 1350. I feel sick and call hoping to bury him. Flop 7x9cQc. Hehe. He checks, I bet 1800, he insta ships it in. I call after a brief deliberation, and he shows Akcc. Harmless turn, club on the river GG. People love thee flush draw.

750k- 200 buy in. Played good in first hour, but had this weird hand comeup. I raise 99 to 180 at 30 60 in mp. SB and BB call. Flop 6h8h9h. SB checks, BB bets 80, I raise to 280, SB raises to 580. WTFaments? I hate it, so I call. Turn is offsuit Q… SB shoves 2500 into 1300 pot. I fold the top set. I think he had a small flush, but bluechip was leaning towards a call thinking he could have lower set or Ah and a pair. Oh well. Then I dominated this fish at my table and doubled through him twice before stacking him, and I had 7500. Cruise through hour two with this stack, and then in hour 3 I raise Ajcc in lp to 580. Button overshoves 5500. It folds to me and I decide to call, his bet just felt like a semi bluff steal. He shows 55. Flop A102 turn 3 river 4!!!!! Wtf gfky!!! I am crippled and shove and lose soon after.

Mulligan- 200 buy in. Nothin doing really, lost when I rivered a flush that filled a villain and I craised him all in. GG.

55K- Doubled up with QQ early when utg raised, I reraised, flop comes 668, utg checks, I shove 2200 into 400 pot, he calls with 1010. Did my bet look like AK!? Cruised here for a while, then lost a big pot with 99 on a 678 board vs JJ. Then on the BB I have Q8cc, utg min raised, button calls, I call. Flop two clubs with a gutshot, check, utg bets, button calls, I shove, utg folds, button calls with 1010. I miss 15 outs blah.

25K- Don't remember how I lost- doubled early though so probably donked it off.

24K- No recollection of this tournament whatsoever.

All in all a decent Sunday, building the roll slowly but surely. Hopefully I'll win the Sunday mill or something next weekend tho, would be nice.

1 comment:

Tim said...

The more I think about the 99 hand on the all heart board, the more I lead to a call. You raised preflop, and he calls from the SB...i think at that point yes, we can put him on high suited connected hrts, like qh-jh, but I also think he flats here a ton with lower pairs that could have setted the board, and I also think he flats with 10x-10h, jx-jh,, even a hand like ax-10h.....his massive overshove could have been for deception, but i think most likely was just donktardom....also I guess factoring in that it was pretty early to donk off in that fashion might lean it toward a fold....but overall i think this was a call for sure. ...