Thursday, July 3, 2008

Another night of PLO

Last night I 5-tabled 1/2 PLO for 2 hours. I buy into these games at $160, and I finished the night up just over 2 buy ins. Overall it was a good session, but I was up 6 buyins at one point, so I gave a bit more back then I would have liked. I was at one table that was really juicy. A fish at the table had ~$600 in front of him after putting a good cooler on an opponent on a 2 spade board when they got it in and his low flush draw ran down to pair to beat the other guys nut flush draw+AA. ooops. This fish was raising ridiculously, and calling every 3 bet pre, so I was really happy to get in pots with him. Here is a hand I played with said fish where I got fairly lucky when we both had AA. This is such a good spot for me because he jams the shit out of a marginal AA holding while my AA is stacked. AA is such a tough hand to play in PLO, and this is a great example. Do you really want to lose 4 buy ins with AA pre all in? You're only a 60 40 vs 6789 2x suited hands, and you are in pretty bad shape if you're up against another pair of AA. In this hand I think my hand was pretty transparent but it didn't matter.

Hand 1

This next hand is good too. I find the nuts on the turn, and the villain decides that the turn is the best time for him to make his big raise, now that the straight has hit. Sometimes I just don't get peoples' play in PLO... I guess I tricked him by smoothing first position's bet here. Maybe it was just well played.. anyway check it out

Hand 2


This last hand came at the end of the session and really hurt. After I call the first raise and two people call the 3 bet, I'm obviously coming along to try to stack the AA guy. Well I hit my nice flop, but once I got it in vs two guys I know I'm not in great shape as I'm racing a flush draw and a wrap draw. Pair the board one time!

Hand 3


That's going to do it for today. As you can see, in PLO one or two big pots really swings a session- I started out on fire when my AA busted the other AA and then when the guy had a set vs my straight.. then later in the session I was on the other side of an AA vs AA and I lost the huge top set pot for a million bucks. Such is poker though, esp PLO.

Have a good July 4th, I probably won't post again until Sunday.

No comments: